Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Meal Plan Monday 10/21/13

One day late...oh well.

Monday - we ate Black Bean Picadillo over rice with a green salad (wish we had green olives, I think it would have been super brine-y-licious) I used Skinny Taste's recipe, but added a can of black beans to stretch our 1 lb of ground beef.  After reading on wikipedia, traditionally when you add something extra to the dish, you call the dish by that name.  So Black Bean Picadillo was born.

Tuesday - Beef Enchilada Soup with Quesadillas (I used this enchilada sauce recipe)

Wednesday - Scrambled Eggs with Venison Sausage and Rice Hash and Poppy's Fried Apples

Thursday - Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken Lemon Pepper, smashed sweet potatoes, roasted green beans and corn muffins.

Friday - Pizza and Green Salad

Wooley and I made Carrot Soup for a sister in our hall who's husband died suddenly.  It's a warm, creamy and savory soup.  I used this recipe, but used sweet potatoes instead of baking potatoes.  I omitted the rosemary and added cayenne and nutmeg.  I substituted the cream for coconut milk.  And I think those are all the changes I made.  It's really yummy.  I hope you'll give it a try.

Hope you have a great rest of the week!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails