Monday, January 6, 2014

Meal Plan Monday 1/6/2014

We have the visit of our circuit overseer and his wife.  It's our first time with them and we are very excited!  I'm auxiliary pioneering this month too.  So we are in for a very busy month.  The good thing about January is it tends to be slow at the shop so it's a perfect time to spend more time in the ministry.

I got crafty last night and made Sissy a new scarf out of some leftover fleece.  It's super cute.  I don't own a sewing machine and frankly, I'm just not very good at sewing.  But I can wield a hot glue gun like no one's business.  I found this post on pinterest and figured I could do this.  So I used the lid of a sour cream container, a lid to a mason jar and a small votive candle to cut out the circles.  The kids watched Dirty Jobs on netflix while I cut out the circles.  Then I squeezed a tiny dot of hot glue in the center of each circle and pinched it together to create a "ruffled" look.  After that, I layered the circles on top of each other and hot glued them together.  I just hot glued the flowers to a length of fleece about 2" wide and voila!  It was done.  It took me about 2 hours total to complete the project.


She's such a goof ball!

This week:

Monday:  Granny's Chili

Tuesday:  Turkey and Rice Soup with crackers

Wednesday:  Scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, toast and oranges

Thursday:  Citrus Cumin Pork Roast with rice and veggies

Friday:  Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas with guacamole, salsa, tortillas, Sante Fe Salad with chili lime vinaigrette

Saturday:  Lunch:  Sandwiches; Supper:  Pork tacos (using leftover pork from Thursday) any leftover salsa & guac and salad...

Sunday:  Lunch: Sandwiches;  Supper:  Chicken Pot Pie (using leftover chicken from Friday) with salad

Have a great week!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your weekly menu, I really wish I was the organized. Hope your pioneering is going well. We just had our CO's visit. What a great injection of encouragement when the CO comes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails