Monday, February 3, 2014

Meal Plan Monday 2/3/14

I am still cleaning out the freezer this week.  And going through my pantry coming up with ideas.  This is what I have to work with:

Pantry:
beans (varieties of canned beans)
tuna fish
cream of mushroom soup
cranberry sauce
canned pineapple
spaghetti sauce
rice
pasta
quinoa
saltine crackers
potatoes

Freezer:
2 small packs of chicken breasts
1 bag of mystery meat...I know!  I need to label it!  I think it might be sliced ham
fish patties (my husband brought these home from work.  $5 for a box of 200 fish patties.  They're pretty okay, just high in calories)
loaves of bread
lunch meat
lima beans
black eyed peas
spinach
green beans
turkey and rice soup
bacon
corn

Refrigerator:
cornmeal
flour
eggs
sour cream
cheddar cheese
jack cheese
canned biscuits
sliced deli turkey
sliced deli ham

Instead of fixating on what I DON'T have.  I'm going to focus on what I do have.  Here's what I'm thinking for the week:

Monday:  Tuna Casserole* this is a new recipe to try.  I have most of these ingredients and think we can make it work.  I'm not fond of hot tuna fish so I'm going to be adventurous with this one.

Tuesday:  Chicken and Dumplings - going to toss in some frozen spinach to add some vitamins

Wednesday:  Pineapple Waffles* (We didn't eat these last week.  The snow/ice storm that hit Atlanta had me thinking chili instead.) bacon and more pineapple on the side

Thursday:  Crock Pot Lima Beans and Ham with cornbread

Friday:  Crock Pot Salsa Chicken over rice with corn

Saturday:  Chicken Marinara* over pasta with salad

Sunday: Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti with salad

I don't think we'll starve - LOL!  I hope you have a great week!  Let me know if you try any of these recipes and what you think.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails