Sunday, March 15, 2015

Meal Plan Monday 3/16/15

Low carb meal planning has gone surprisingly well.  I've stuck to it pretty good.  Eating out has been interesting to say the least.  Buffets tend to be easier.   I'm loving the new recipes and everything has been super yummy.  No complaints from the family, so that's good.  I ate an ice cream from McDonalds over the weekend.  It was really good.  I also made some dark chocolate candy bar pieces using cocoa powder, coconut oil, stevia and honey.  Not loving the stevia.  I can taste it.  I really do not like fake sugars.  I'll try it again without the stevia and use the honey.  I also saw a new stevia in the coupons.  I might try it.  Not holding my breath though.  

This week will be week 3.

Monday:  Mock Lasagna and salad - I've tried spaghetti squash a few years ago and really didn't like it, so this will be a trial.

Tuesday:  Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Bacon, (I'm baking these all the way, not pan frying at all) roasted green beans and rice

Wednesday:  Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas with low carb tortillas, avocado, lettuce and rotel

Thursday:  Cheesy Buffalo Chicken (baking), salad with bleu cheese crumbles and tomato, potato wedges for the family

Friday:  Baked Ranch Parmesan Pork Chops (omitting the bread crumbs in the recipe, might sub quinoa flour or almond meal), mashed potatoes, broccoli and salad

Saturday:   Cleaning the kingdom hall and probably will eat supper out with friends. Thaw my turkey and bake for Sunday lunch...

Sunday:  Turkey for sandwiches, salad, etc...

Breakfasts:
2 eggs and a berry smoothie
2 egg veggie scramble with apple

Lunches:
Tuna Avocado Salad in a wrap, apple
Buffalo Chicken Salad in a wrap, grapes

I haven't really needed a whole lot of snacks, so I'm just going to keep my water with me and an apple just in case. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails